Any time I send out a survey to my newsletter subscribers, I ask, “Name the top 2-3 reasons why you want to work from home or be self-employed.” I find it is always important to know why people want to do what they do.
For those of you who have read, The Work at Home Training Program, you may remember how I started on this path: My grandfather passed away when I was in my early 20s. He had a significant role in both my sister’s and my life, but my sister’s employer wouldn’t give her time off of work to go to his funeral. That moment had a profound effect on me, as I never wanted any employer to dictate what I could and couldn’t do for fear of losing a sole source of income. Now that my own father just turned 90, I am especially thankful for the stubborn 20-something mindset that led me to find ways to earn income without relying on employers. I’m not saying it’s been easy, but it’s doable.
You folks are the reason why I continued on with this site after closing Queen of the Random Job…and YOU are the ones who inspire us to keep going. So, we want to share these comments with you all, to remind you of the great work you’re doing now to change your financial future, and hopefully give you motivation for your own dark days.
We will continue to do our best to help you on your path,
-Bethany and the Work at Home FAQ team
Our Reasons “Why”:
- When I have children, I want to be able to stay home with them. I also want to be my own boss.
- I like variety and the ability to create a flexible schedule.
- 1.To get instant huge money 2.Tired of traditional market from which we cannot fulfill our dreams of becoming successful
- Stay at home with my 4 beautiful boys and become very wealthy of course!!!
- To learn of other WAHM businesses…and to learn more about how I can promote my own! THANKS FOR THIS GREAT SITE!!!
- I am retired and it is time for me to do something that I enjoy and at the same time make additional income.
- 1. i was fired yesterday
2. i don’t know what i want to do now
- I am currently unemployed and looking for a job with flexible hours, because I have children. I need money to pay for school tuition
- I am weary of the traditional approach and am looking to try something new. I was displaced because of Hurricane Katrina. If we have to evacuate again I want to be able to grab a laptop and keep earning money without a hiatus.
- I’m terrible at working traditional jobs. I never last more than 4 months. 2) I want the freedom and challenge that comes from working for myself.
- 1. I need more income.
2. I need something to do online besides play games.
- My health is limiting the opportunities I have in the 9-5 corporate grind, and I’m tired of working 60-70 hrs/week making money for someone else who has no commitment to me.
- I have been cleaning hotel rooms for the last ten years, and I do not wish to do that anymore.
- I am a stay at home mom who would like to make enough money to cover my hobbies.
- I want to work out of my home so I can adopt the child I care for. I am interested in building a good financial foundation for my family because I am a single mother and need to be there for my kids but also support the family.
- I just want to learn and earn!
- I live WAY out in the country and the 50 mile one way drive was killing me. I missed my kids and dogs, so I set out to find something else. I want to feel like I am really helping people all the way around, and, well, I want to make some decent $ doing it. I am searching for SOMETHING…I just don’t know what it is yet.
- I came to this site because it was listed in Student Loan Hero. (Technically it linked to your old site which led me here.) It’s a wonderful site this of yours. I’ve been reading almost everything you have in this site since yesterday and I haven’t finished yet. Two reasons because of I want to get an out of traditional job: to have more time with family and pay off debts. Thanks for the site…I’m nearly overwhelmed.
- I’m tired of not being able to pick my son up from school and help him with his homework because I have to punch someone else’s clock. I sick of being told I have to wear a belt or certain shirt. I’m not a child.
- I am retired from Ford Motor after 28 years of a 9-5 position. I now need financial help to supplement my parents income and would like some extra spending money so that I can travel.
- I have 3 reasons: 1. My 10-year-old 2. My 6-year-old 3. My 2 year-old
- I am heavily indebted with credit debt and at present work part-time and am looking a supplement for my income. While surfing the net I’ve found that it is something I enjoy and would like to be permanently working from home. This would allow me to cut my expenses in traveling expenses,lunch, etc. It would also help my blood pressure with traffic.
- I have been a stay-at-home mom for over 5 years. Prior to having my children I had a very successful career. I would like to find a balance of working and being at home with my children when they come home from school.
- I don’t currently have any employment. I am a stay at home mom of 4. I am wanting to return to college without taking out too much in student loans. I also would like to help out our family financially.
- I have a young daughter to care for and daycare is not an option for my family. Traditional employment doesn’t afford me the scheduling flexibility that I desire.
- I love my daughters and grandson and believe that they need me at home more than corporate America needs me in a cubicle. Unfortunately, it takes money to pay the rent so I have to have something that brings a reasonably good income.
- I believe that with more freedom of whatever way to make money is worth more than working outside the house for someone I might not like. I have found a few but need to contact them again.
- I am a 33 years old and recently divorced. I have a 1 year old daughter and would like a work at home job. I live with other family members who can tend to my child, but I would enjoy being there as well.
- Independent thinker and want the ability to work wherever I am at any given moment!
- I am currently self employed working at home on the phone in the sex industry and it does not make me feel good about myself. I refuse to go back into an office. HELP!!!
- I have become disabled and I still want to make money!
- Back injury, time with family, time to do other things around my work
- To make money doing what I love, to make more money, and to be my own boss
- flexible schedule, additional income
- Freedom – travel – work when or if I want
- I have fibro, so — I can’t predict when I’m physically able to work, or mentally able to work I’m a night owl
- 1. Flexibility; 2. I’m retired, have a pension, don’t need lots of extra money; 3. To try something new
Disclaimer: Links to products and services throughout the site, videos, and blog may or may not contain affiliate links. This means, we may or may not earn a small commission from sales originating through this website. We would not recommend any product that we wouldn’t use ourselves, regardless of whether we earn commission or not. There you go: complete transparency at it’s finest!