Our Commitment to Journalistic Integrity
We commit to the standards of journalistic integrity: truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability. We own our words – even if sometimes we have to eat them.
Links to products and services throughout the site, videos, and blog may or may not contain affiliate links.
This means, we may or may not earn a small commission from sales originating through this website.
We would not recommend any product that we wouldn’t use ourselves, regardless of whether we earn commission or not.
There you go: complete transparency at it’s finest!
We promise to never rent or sell your contact information…ever.
When you purchase products, or subscribe, you’ll be put into an email database, and from time to time we will send you updates or special offers on things that we think may be of interest to you, (Iike articles, tips, or tools). If ever you get sick of hearing from us you can unsubscribe at any time, and we will never contact you again.
If you sign up for a free guide, you’ll receive several short messages (so as not to overwhelm you) and you can stop them at any time.
Seriously, our database program won’t allow it…and besides, it’s the law.
We usually send out emails a few times a month…generally it’s less, just because we get a bit busy and sending out emails takes time.
If you want to submit your success story, or ask a work at home question, we will give you a different name, and will not reveal your location, if your information is used for an episode or article. You don’t have to worry about being “found out” as a mystery shopper: It’s a big, big world! And we would never jeopardize our relationship, or your career by revealing your personal information to the masses.
We promise…it’s just kinda sleazy, don’t you think?
Terms of Service
We do want you to understand that our training programs aren’t for everyone, and so we have to put this disclaimer:
- The training programs are intended for people over the age of 18.
- The training programs are intended for people who possess basic computer and Internet skills, (know how to surf, can use Word and Excel) and have access to a computer on a regular basis.
- The ideas and resources presented in our training programs aren’t “get rich quick” schemes and you do need to put time and effort into getting and completing assignments.
- If getting The Mystery Shopping Training Program, you understand that if you live in a rural area, it may be harder to receive assignments.
- You understand that we do our best to teach you everything you need to know about scams, tracking IP addresses, tracing emails, real ways to make money at home through your own business, and legitimate companies that hire at-home workers, but we simply cannot guarantee employment with any company.
- You understand that there is no income or earnings guarantee.
- You agree to consult legal and business professionals regarding filing your own taxes and how to conduct business in your area as an Independent Contractor.
- You understand that since the training programs are information-based, all sales are final.
- You promise to read the book and/or watch the program fully before asking for assistance.
- Our Company, administrators, affiliates, and assigns shall not in any event be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues, or lost profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or misuse of the information or lack of information through our sites or training materials. If you get injured while on an assignment…that’s not our fault either.
- You agree to assume all risks associated with the use of this site, it’s offerings and materials, including any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file which might be transmitted or activated by your access to it.
- You understand that we are a small business, have virtually no tech support, and it may take a few days for us to answer your emails. As a matter of fact, you like the idea that we’re not some huge corporate conglomerate, and we seem like pretty damn groovy people.
These terms may be changed or updated at any time. (Including our “grooviness” status.)
Additional information in regards to how information is collected, used, and shared when you visit www.workathomefaq.com (the “Site”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
All of our products are sold by third parties, ie: Amazon, CreateSpace, Udemy, EventBrite, etc; and as such, we may not have direct information regarding your purchase. If you purchase directly from us using PayPal (in the case of buying ad space, for example) we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site. Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use MailChimp and Aweber to power our online newsletters–you can read more about how MailChimp uses your Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy, and how Aweber uses your Personal Information here: https://www.aweber.com/privacy.htm
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us.